Friday, August 2, 2013

Lehi Chicken Rules / Ordinances

I spent some time tracking down the chicken ordinances for Lehi.  Here's what I found:

  • Chickens are a class 4 animal, in the same class as dogs, cats, ducks, hawks, pigeons, and rabbits 
  • To find your zoning look at the maps here: http://www.lehi-ut.gov/government/planning-zoning/development-code
  • I am zone RA-1.  RA-1 is allowed 8 class four animals (Lehi development code 12.120.4, page 12-10), so I can have up to 8 chickens.  If you have a dog and a cat, you can have six chickens.  Other Zonings have other rules.
  • no roosters.  Some lots are allowed roosters, check your zoning.
  • Coops must be 30 feet from neighboring dwellings and 25 feet from roads. (page 12-11 of Development Code).  I am not sure if the coop must be 30 from your own dwelling.  I'll probably put it there just to be safe.  
  • Coops must be sanitary (Lehi City Municple code 6.20)
  • Chickens must remain on your own property

No comments:

Post a Comment