- Chickens are a class 4 animal, in the same class as dogs, cats, ducks, hawks, pigeons, and rabbits
- To find your zoning look at the maps here: http://www.lehi-ut.gov/government/planning-zoning/development-code
- I am zone RA-1. RA-1 is allowed 8 class four animals (Lehi development code 12.120.4, page 12-10), so I can have up to 8 chickens. If you have a dog and a cat, you can have six chickens. Other Zonings have other rules.
- no roosters. Some lots are allowed roosters, check your zoning.
- Coops must be 30 feet from neighboring dwellings and 25 feet from roads. (page 12-11 of Development Code). I am not sure if the coop must be 30 from your own dwelling. I'll probably put it there just to be safe.
- Coops must be sanitary (Lehi City Municple code 6.20)
- Chickens must remain on your own property
Friday, August 2, 2013
Lehi Chicken Rules / Ordinances
I spent some time tracking down the chicken ordinances for Lehi. Here's what I found: