Tuesday, April 22, 2014

My Chicken Breeds

I had a series of posts about what kind of chickens to get.  Here's what I ended up with:

  • Gold Sex Link (2)- I bought a back up one since my original one didn't seem to be growing
  • barred rock - this chick is a character and huge.  Coloring says hen, but attitude says roo, so I'll have to wait and see.
  • silkie - black and fluffy.  a little bit of a bully
  • cochin - black and fluffy.  This one was supposed to be a silkie, but the nice lady at IFA knew nothing about chickens
There's a chance the barred rock and at least one of the bantams will be a rooster, so that will take me down to a manageable number of chickens.  I don't think I'll be able to keep all five.   If I did it over again, I might have just gotten all sex links, I'm having trouble with the "is it going to be a roo" stress.

No comments:

Post a Comment